Shining Star Cookies
Makes: About 6 dozen small stars
The trick to making star cookies really shine is to use edible glitter rather than ordinary decorating sugar and to roll it into the surface of the dough.
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- White edible glitter (Wilton sells these as Cake Sparkles)
- Blue decorating sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray cookie sheets.
- Roll out the dough ⅛ inch thick. Sprinkle white edible glitter lightly and evenly over dough. If desired, add a very light sprinkling of blue decorating sugar. Roll the rolling pin lightly over the dough, pressing the sugar into the surface of the dough.
- Cut out with a star-shaped cookie cutter (about 3 inches from point to point). Place on prepared cookie sheets at least 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until cookies are just turning pale golden around the edges.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.