Serves: 60 cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate morsels and nuts to make a soft dough. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pan cookie variation: Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
High altitude directions (above 5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2½ cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both the granulated sugar and brown sugar to ⅔ cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookies for 17 to 19 minutes.