Basic Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Barbara Grunes
These are soft and chewy (rather than crunchy and sandy-textured) peanut butter cookies. You can bake this dough to make plain peanut butter cookies, or use it in Peanut Butter Cookies With a Kiss.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add peanut butter. Mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter to make a soft dough. Form into 1½-inch balls. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Leave on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool.